Solar City Programme
The Goal of the program :
to promote the use of Renewable Energy in Urban Areas by providing support to the Municipal Corporations for preparation and implementation of a Road Map to develop their cities as Solar Cities.
Objectives of the programme:
- To enable/empower Urban Local Governments to address energy challenges
at City - level.
- To provide a framework and support to prepare a Master Plan including assessment of current energy situation, future demand and action plans
- To build capacity in the Urban Local Bodies and create awareness among all sections of civil society.
- To involve various stakeholders in the planning process
- To oversee the implementation of sustainable energy options through public - private partnerships.
Action taken -
The scheme is being implementation jointly by TREDA & Agartala Municipal Corporation[AMC].
Activities taken so far are -
- A task force was constituted for implementation of the programme.
- A Solar City Cell was established at AMC
- Several meetings of the stakeholder was organised for finalisation of Master Plan of the Project.
- Final Master Plan was submitted to MNRE and was in principle approved.
- Several project are being implemented as per the Master Plan.
Projects implemented -
- Installation & Commissioning of 45 Kwp Power Plant at Ujjayanta Market.
- Distribution of Solar Lanterns to 20,000 families.
- Distribution of Solar Caps to 1617nos of Rickshaw workers for Awareness generation.
- Organisation of service camp, installation etc for Awareness generation.
- Fitting fixing of display Hoardings,Wallwritting at prominent places for Awareness
- Installation & Commissioning of 25 Kwp Power Plant at B R Ambedkar combined ST, SC Girls’ Hostel,Opposite to Agartala Press Club
- Installation & Commissioning of 5 Kwp Power Plant at Maharani Tulsibati No-I ST Girls’ Hostel, SupariBagan, Krishnanagar, Agartala.
Project Completed -
- B.R Ambedkar Boys’ Hostel, Opposite to IGM Hospital, Agartala (10KWp)
- DasaratBhawan Rest House,79 Tilla, Opposite to Cancer Hospital, Agartala (5KWp)
- Dr. B.R AmbedkarVidyabhawanChatribash, Aralia, Agartala(5KWp)
- SahidKhudiramMemoralChatrabash attached to AD Nagar Class XII School Agartala(5KWp)
- AdwhityaAtithishala, Office lane, Agartala(5KWp)
- Laxmibai Smriti Womens hostel(3KWp)
Helen Keler Smriti Guest house(2KWp)